Sunday, May 16, 2010

Morning Madhumakkhi ( honey bee)

It was morning 4.30 AM and I m getting ready to go to the airport to take the flight. All at home are fast asleep and my mom gets up to make me some tea before I leave. I open the balcony door to let some cool breeze entre the house. Along with the cool breeze enters Mr. Madhumakkhi too. He is in one of those jolly moods and he starts hovering around in the house. My mother comes out of the kitchen and looks at this guy and is worried if it would do any nuisance to my daughter. So she takes preventive steps, gets the broom and asks me to chase it out without killing it. The task looks easy and I take the broom and get after it…. Well I started climbing up the sofa to chase it away from the lights, it jumps and goes bang down under the couch, where I bend in full zoom to push it out from there. It is then in a mood to go over the TV and then the speakers and the paintings on the wall. I am now irritated that despite my attempt of almost 5 minutes, he is not ready to budge and had decided to test my patience and energy levels and along with my ongoing drama my mother goes on giving instructions on how to attack and the strategies to have it out. I finally had to show that the (evil)man was more powerful but after a good 20 minutes, sweating me out and leaving me with a bad arm pain.
Imagine what one madhumakkhi could do if it decided to teach me a lesson every day ….and see me slimmer 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your last line in this..can you just read the last cple of lines of April 21st Blog too...
Always as a friend..just getting you back to reality..aste..