Thursday, May 20, 2010

The last few mangoes

















Every year come summer , it was time for me to harp into my Ajji Mane Hithlu
( granny’s house backyard) to check out the mangoes. This tree was never a planned planted one. It happened to germinate on its own ,,, and just that my ajji started giving it the required water day after day.
In one of my write ups last year also , I had shared the photos of those yummy mangoes.
This year too the mangoes have ripened but only the lady who took care of them is no more and the house remains silent with no one there, I went to the silent house, opened the door headed straight to the backyard just as I did year after year and there were the mangoes, infact more mangoes than last year , all just hanging there for someone to come and pluck them. I did all the circus along with my mother to lay my hands on as much as I could get and have got them home.
I want to savor it as I know these would probably be the last few mangoes from my Ajji Mane.

Life is pretty miserable, all of us go thru this at some point, but somehow it gets really hard and choking to digest the very fact that there is a huge vacuum when your loved one leaves you.

I love your ajji and will always …

1 comment:

Sivaguru said...

i watched a movie called love happens recently. a quote from that goes something like this: you remember the departed not to grieve, but to celebrate what they had achieved in their lives and contributed to your growth.
remembered this when i read about your ajji.