Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye

Saturday evening was usual for us to go to the Hanuman temple. Post the visit, we generally would go to Sagar for some chat, since Saturday evening is skipping meal kind of a ritual… to be frank , it is more on the needs of the tongue and the stomach. It was around 8 in the night and all of a sudden, got the bright idea of going to a night show movie. It has been more than 5+ years since I went on a night show, and that too with my daughter was surely an experiment. We went to Garuda mall, and were checking which movie to go to, then in the available night show list we had “oye lucky, lucky oye” for me the first glance was some vague movie and just did no interest me ,,, then I closely read the banner, which said, “ from the director of Khosla ka Ghosla” , have you watched this movie. It was a fine movie and therefore , got tempted to take the risk of having my daughter, and watching the night show of a movie with a vague name.
Well all I can say at this point in the night is, it’s a cool movie. No cheap comedy, no obscenity, no unnecessary songs, just precise, fine comedy and most of them are new faces, and they all look like theatre artists to me, very natural in their acting,. What to say about Abhay Deol, son of Dharmendra… I had seen some of his movies before, but either switched off the tv in 10 min , just don’t recollect him, but this movie, I just fell in love with him, what an awesome, charming guy is he…and then is Paresh Rawal.. my all time favourite... I can write about the story here, but what’s the fun, go watch it….
Thanks to Dibakar Banerjee, for saving the viewers with an assurance that there is still some good cinema left. Movie is brilliant, fast pace, natural , nothing unwanted or unnecessary…..
Go watch it…
It’s helped make me a much required, relaxing Saturday.

No comments: