Friday, December 19, 2008

Mourning on Sheshadri Road

Well for those of you who have not known Bangalore, I am not too sure how much you could relate to my feeling today..
And for those who have crossed this road over the years.. would surely mourn with me .,,
Sheshadri Road is one of the ancient roads if I may say of Bangalore which housed and still houses many of the heritage buildings, be it the fire station, Maharani’s College, the Central Jail ( X) , SJP polytechnic, UVCE,,,,,
This road has gone thru so much of change over the last few years, in the name of modernization and accommodating this new hungry civilization,,,,, which doesn’t stop growing
In this whole exercise of modernization, There have been out right massacres of the many trees, that have long given shelter to so many livings things, including human beings,,,,
First came the flyover on Anand Rao circle , boom went the trees for upto a kilometer…. And now in the name of further road widening,,, the trees are being chopped right upto UVCE….
It was over a week since I had taken that route to office.,,, Today morning while crossing Central Jail sunlight just hit my eyes so hard,,,,, I was wondering how come I had never pulled the shield before while driving on this patch,,, and then I saw that inline all the trees lie by the side of the road… Chopped and dead…. And the road almost looked naked,,,,
There have been many associations and environmentalists fighting for this, we have been vouching for it too, but it does not seem to stop… do I blame myself for not actively being there with others who are trying to stop it…
Will just my mere mourning stop this atrocity,,, I don’t know,,,

No comments: