Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Hero Forever.......


We were in Mysore , it was 6.30 AM in the morning of 30th December 09, my husband and daughter were still asleep , and I wanted to have some tea. I called the reception of the hotel and asked them to help me with some tea. The boy who came to our room, gave me the tea, and also told me something that left me in a state of shock. “ Death of Vishnuvardhan” the legendary actor. I could hardly believe my own ears , that I was listening something that was unbelievable but yet a brutal truth. From my child hood I have been a fan of Vishnu. I still remember having cried ( infact i still cried watching the vcd a few months ago ) after watching some most emotional scenes from his movie. Be it the last scene of “ Bandana “ where he dies at the hospital , or the last scene from “Suprabhata” where he assures that he is still waiting or be it the outright comedy of "mane mane Kathe" or be it his roles in movies like "nagarahaavu", " hombisilu". He had touched my heart in many ways. We were on a vacation and were travelling from Mysore towards Coorg, but there was a deep sadness that had engulfed me. I was feeling a deep sense of loss . We reached the estate near Coorg where there was no network, no newspaper which made me even more desperate to figure out what was happening in bangalore. The watchman of the estate had a TV in his house, I went to see there, but to my bad luck the power failure was too frequent hindering me to get an update. As soon as we reached Madikeri in the morning, the first thing I did was to catch hold of the newspaper. I read the paper to the last word , all just to know about him. I guess it is truly a tragedy for it marks an end to an era of such class actors. I have taken a cut out of one of the photos in the paper today which I thought is truly a rare photo which is priceless. My sincere tribute to both these legendary actors “ Dr. Rajkumar and Dr. Vishnuvardhan” .
Their memories will always remain fresh in our hearts thru the many roles they have played in some unforgettable movies.

No comments: