Wednesday, March 18, 2009

magic of mangoes




Come autumn each year, there is an unusual happiness in me, when I go to the backyard of my granny’s house. There are fresh mango flowers that would have blossomed and some tiny mangoes that would have popped up on the mango tree. In my earlier blog on “ Ajji Mane” I have written in length what are all the specialties of this little backyard. The secret of this mango tree is that , no one planted it, nobody sowed the seed…. About 6-7 years ago this small sapling came up and my granny has been nurturing it since then. These mangoes are juicy and tasty,,, … the mango rice with the tender ones in particular is so yummy…
I guess, this tree has been a full time multipurpose tree.,,, be it the leaves, the fruit or the shade to sit,,,,
we respect mother nature and she will always care for us….

No comments: