Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Namaskaar, Vivid Bharati akashvaani mein aapka swagat hai

Isn't that a line so common that you have heard for many years now.....

Well Last few years with the boom in IT, we have simultaneously seen the burst of so many radio channels, infact my car has an old deck which can accommodate just 6 channels and now we have more than 11 channels in Bangalore.
Each channel you swap you get to hear the same blabber of the RJ’s. Same songs…
When it all began it sounded refreshing with a new look approach, but over a period the charm just faded away for me. But there is one channel that I have been hearing since my childhood and it is still refreshing each time I hear. I don’t think there are any guesses, we all know it is Vivid Bharati 102.9 Mhz fm, as we all know it.
When I just sit down to think why do I still love this channel, I think it is because of the variety it has. Even the RJ’s are so polished and the quality of which ever language they speak be it kannada, hindi or English is really good. They really command respect on air. The programs they cover, with early morning Devotional songs, then followed by news, bhavageetes, Nandana or be it the national programs such as Bhule Bisre Geet, Aapki Farmaaish. They are so nice. Reading letters of people from far of unheard villages, requests from Soldiers. The ads they publish, be it an awareness on a disease, or other old brands of dabur lal dantamajan, or your golden silks and sarees,,,, all still remains the old era type,,,, but I am still fond of it. Though this has been there for years, still it has its freshness to it. It does have some programs still which are boring, but all in all it makes up for the defects
Over a period this channel has also gone thru its share of transformation to survive amidst its private challengers who can do anything to get their market share of audience by giving expensive prizes , having live chats at eateries , road side, just anything.
Vivid Bharati still remains conservative to an extent when compared to other channels but that is what I guess I like and am sure this is one undebated channel that is liked by generations.
Apart from this I used to also like “ Ceylon Radio’. Maybe I now need to buy a world space to catch up with this channel. The numbers they played were classics.
This year Vivid Bharati is celebrating ‘ SWARNA JAYANTHI” “ golden Jubilee “

I do hope this one radio channel continues till eternity…. !!!!!!

No comments: