Sunday, August 12, 2012

A medal to take home

The most awaited Olympics is underway and each day as I open the newspaper I quickly try to browse the medal tally page to see which country stands in which position and with how many medals.


As I had my cup of tea, I just began to think, what about all those people who are there to represent their countries but have won no medal. Are they any less ? they would have been focusing on their sport and practising with sleepless nights. The sacrifices they would have made to stay focused and the hard work they would have put in to make their country proud. Does that all go in wane? They are the unsung heroes according to me. But what remains a hard truth is the world lifts the man who brings the metal home.

Sushil kumar's match is to happen today and I sincerely hope he becomes the man to bring the shiny gold medal home....and make us all even prouder.  

No comments: