Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mobile - RIP

My mobile had just died and had gone for a replacement. I was assured the new mobile would arrive in the next 2 days time and a spare mobile was at home. So effectively for the next 2 hours or so I was all alone. Slowly the realisation began to sink into me that I was all alone. The gadget that is stuck to many a lives when we are awake was not around. Not that I take calls 24/7 but my mobile has so far never been on a switched off mode.
Began to feel really hungry and walked across to a nearby KFC store. Got myself a meal and sat down at a corner window that gave me a good view of MG Road. In a span of over 20 minutes I sat to observe the passers by as I began to eat my food. I would have probably seen around 90- 100 people criss cross the junction and atleast 70% of them had stuck their mobile to their ears. Some smiling as they walked and some with a frawny face and a one man was literally yelling his lungs into it. One man was standing taking the call and not realising he was literally massaging the grills on the pavement and helping BBMP clean the dust … I am sure he must be talking to someone really special that made him just feel not part of this world and did not realise what he was doing,.
My phone ringtone was still buzzing in my ear , and was still wondering how many people would have tried to reach me, would people have got worried my phone was switched off…. In about sometime I actually started feeling very light and nice… feeling I just had all the time for myself…
But one thought kept bugging me… in this life we live … this gadget has become an inseparable part…whether people may use very limited, normal, maximum , Excessive etc etc etc…..
But let’s face the truth… this Gadget would RIP when the user does so.

No comments: