Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hrudaya Raaga - Notes from the Heart.



One of my senior colleagues is part of Rotary international and they were organizing a charity show by felicitating Yesudas on his 71st Birthday. The funds of which would go for surgeries of various deserving people.
The program was called Hrudaya Raaga
As a kid for me , there are two people who have had an everlasting impact on my mind and soul in the music world. The great KJ Yesudas and melody king Illaiyaraja. And yesterday I had a lifetime opportunity to see Illaiyaraja felicitating Yesudas just about 50 meters away from me , live.....
It was an all together Trans that I had shifted to. Just mystifying
To felicitate him there were great singers like PB Srinivas, P Susheela, LR Eeshwari, Hamsalekha.
The songs that KJ Sang... including Harivarasanam .... Live...
The experiences each one shared ......
Both Illai and KJ were dressed in White . The few words they spoke. The simplicity and auro they carried.
I suddenly felt.... being shifted to an almost forgotten world of peace ,sanctity
I hope by the Grace of God, I do get another opportunity to see these legends perform.
Its my lifetime dream come true. Infact few years ago , I had blogged on these great people too,,,but that was minuscule.... not even that.

No comments: